Emergency help during flood or storms
There are helpful applications you can install on your mobile device for emergency information.
Hazards Near Me NSW
The Hazards Near Me NSW App displays emergency information and warnings including locations in real time. You can set a watch zone and receive alerts when an incident starts near you.
Users in the ACT will see up-to-date Bushfire warnings and alerts, with more hazards and information added over time.
New users can search the App Store for Hazards Near Me NSW or follow the links below.
Emergency + is a national app developed by Australia’s emergency services and their government industry partners, helping people to call the right number at the right time, anywhere in Australia.
The app uses a mobile phone’s GPS functionality and what3words, so callers can provide emergency call-takers with their location information as determined by their smart phone.
Keep this app on your device in case of an emergency.
- ACT Government Homepage - https://www.act.gov.au/
- Justice and Community Safety Directorate https://justice.act.gov.au/
- ACT Policing https://police.act.gov.au/
- ACTmapi https://www.actmapi.act.gov.au/
- Bureau of Meteorology http://www.bom.gov.au
- Australian Red Cross https://www.redcross.org.au/
- Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council https://www.afac.com.au/
- Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC https://www.bnhcrc.com.au
- ACT SES Volunteers Association https://www.actsesva.org.au/
- ABC Emergency Website http://www.abc.net.au/news/emergency
- NSW Rural Fire Service https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
- Emergency Management Australia https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about-us/our-portfolios/emergency-management/emergency-response-plans
- Fire Brigade Historical Society of the ACT http://canberrafiremuseum.org.au/