The VET Quality Framework is a set of nationally agreed quality assurance arrangements for training and assessment services delivered by RTOs. The framework consists of a series of legislative instruments enacted under the NVR Act.
The VET Quality Framework comprises the:
ESA Training is responsible for the issuance of Certificates and Statements of Attainment (SOA). Members have the option of choosing to receive hard copy or electronic documents. Certificates/SOA are issued electronically by default but can be printed on request by the individual or the program coordinator. The certificates will still be Nationally Recognised documents that are compliant with RTO Standards.
ESA Training issue a pdf copy of your certificate to the email address assigned to your VETtrak profile.
Certificates and Statements of Attainment are generated electronically through VETtrak (the ESA’s Student Management System). All certification meets the requirements of the AQF Qualifications Issuance Policy and Specifications and meets ASQA’s requirements in Schedule 5 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
On completion of training, ESAT administration staff verify the assessment documentation is complete and enter completion details into VETtrak.
Provided the student has a valid USI, certificates are emailed directly to the student.
Recognising and recording certificates from other RTOs
Providing a certified copy of a certificate is no longer required. ESA will accept copies of certificates and Statements of Attainment issued by another RTO provided it meets the following requirements:
• Name and National RTO code of issuing RTO matching a valid TGA record
• Full Name of the person receiving the qualification;
• Awarded AQF qualification by its code and full title;
• Date of completion (assessment/competency date);
• A valid Authorised signatory that matches TGA;
• For Qualifications: the words ‘The qualification is recognised within the Australian Qualifications Framework’;
• For SOAs: the words ‘A statement of attainment is issued by a Registered Training Organisation when an individual has completed one or more accredited units’
• The Nationally Recognised Training (NRT) Logo;
• A unique identifier that can be verified with the issuing RTO e.g. a unique certificate number.