Your Home Emergency Kit should contain:
- Portable radio with spare batteries
- Torch with spare batteries
- First aid kit (with supplies necessary for your household)
- Candles and waterproof matches
- Important papers including emergency contact numbers
- Copy of any home emergency plans such Home Fire Escape Plan and Bushfire Survival Plan
- Waterproof bag for valuables
If you are required to leave your property, place in your Home Emergency Kit:
- A good supply of required medications
- Any special requirements for babies, the disabled, infirm and/or elderly
- Strong shoes
- Fresh food and drinks
Keep your Home Emergency Kit in a waterproof storage container.
On a regular basis, check (remember to check use-by dates on batteries and gloves) and re-stock items if you need to.
Also, keep a list of emergency numbers on your fridge.