- Know your risk! Check if your house is located in a bushfire prone area by searching for it on our online map.
- Prepare your exit strategy by planning your exit routes in the event of an emergency.
Prepare your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Download and complete a Bushfire Survival Plan. This plan contains everything you need to know about bushfire safety and survival. Make sure everyone in your household is brushed up on the plan regularly!
- Maintain your garden throughout the season.
- Keep up to date with us via our website, and find us on Facebook.
- Have a safe, enjoyable summer!
Four ACT residents give an account of their experience during the 2003 Canberra bushfires, and why it’s so important to be Bushfire Ready.
Complete your Bushfire Survival Plan
A Bushfire Survival Plan helps you make important decisions before you are threatened by a bushfire.
Your plan will help protect the lives of your family and assist you in preparing your home to survive the threat of bushfire.